Why do they sound so good?
We chose a driver that provided the best clarity and bass response possible in a small package.
- The 22 x 14mm oval design of the speaker provides high sensitivity which increases volume without zapping battery power.
- The driver has more diaphragm surface area producing additional bass to counter the limitations inherent to the open face helmet use case.
- Rectangular speakers buckle at the corners causing distortion. The Punks oval speaker design reduces distortion, and increases clarity at higher excursion.
- Finally, we angled the speaker slightly inside the enclosure to give it more directional power to deliver full frequency clarity to the user's ear with more precision.
3 Layers of Wind Noise Reduction
Engineering a small, lightweight device that could handle intense wind noise was challenging. Our engineers developed three layers of wind noise reduction: 1) mechanical, 2) secondary mic environmental noise cancellation, and the crucial final layer 3) a cloud-based noise reduction algorithm.
- Layer 1 - Specialized mic with 3 mechanical barriers; wind screen, tube offset & open cell foam
- Layer 2 - Secondary mic for ENC (environmental noise cancellation)
- Layer 3 - Cloud based software noise reduction (NR)
Here's the 3 layer wind reduction in action!